You are here: Rendering > Technologies > Graphite
Short URL: http://scripts.sil.org/WP_2_14_releaseNotes
WorldPad 2.14 Release Notes
New WorldPad Feature
There is a new feature that allows WorldPad to send NFC (precomposed) text to Graphite. This is handled through a setting in the Windows registry. To work with NFC text, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SIL/Fieldworks in the registry editor. Set the key "GraphiteUseNFC" to the string "true" or "on".
New Graphite Features
WorldPad includes the latest version of the Graphite engine which has the following new features:
- Version 2.0 of the Glat table is supported, which allows more than 256 glyph attributes.
- More than one underlying character is permitted on ligature components.
- Pass-level constraints are supported.
- Bug in calculating advance width
- Bug in drawing split insertion point that occurred with scaling
- Bug in inserting glyphs at the edge of a segment
- Bug in recognizing italic fonts
- Bug in returning position of split insertion bar
- Bug in handling the Hhea table
- Bug in loading Sill table (appeared when there were many languages relative to the number of features)
- Improved tests for invalid fonts
Back to WorldPad download page
© 2003-2017 SIL International, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted elsewhere on this page.
Provided by SIL's Non-Roman Script Initiative. Contact us here.