You are here: Type Design > Resources > Font Downloads
Short URL: https://scripts.sil.org/SILTD_UsersGuide
SIL Tai Dam Font Documentation
SIL Tai Dam and Unicode
This SIL Tai Dam fonts are a pre-Unicode or “legacy” font system. These fonts are superceded by the Unicode-encoded Tai Heritage Pro font.
Table of Contents for this web page:
The Users Guide for the SIL Tai Dam Fonts (included in each download package) provides:
- General information and font samples
- Distribution and licensing details
- Installation instructions for both Macintosh and Windows
- Keyboard chart and table
- Encoding reference
This documentation requires Free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The SIL Tai Dam Fonts package includes the following files:
- README.TXT (Read Me)
- FILES.TXT (File Listing)
- RELNOT11.TXT (Release Notes for version 1.1)
- TDUGUIDE.PDF (Detailed docs-Acrobat)
- TAIHERR.TTF (TaiHeritage Regular font)
- TAIHERB.TTF (TaiHeritage Bold font)
- TDED.KMN (Tai Dam keyboard file-for KeyMan)
- TDUS.KMN (Tai Dam-US keyboard file-for KeyMan)
- TDED00.BMP (Icon for keyboard)
- TDED01.BMP (Icon for keyboard)
- TDUS00.BMP (Icon for keyboard)
- TDUS01.BMP (Icon for keyboard)
- Read Me
- File Listing
- Release Notes v1.1
- Tai Dam Users Guide (Detailed docs-Acrobat)
- TaiHeritage (TaiHeritage Regular and Bold font suitcase)
- Tai Dam (WorldScript file)
- YT dA-US (additional Lue keyboard file)
Version 1.1 released 8 February 2000.
© 2003-2019 SIL International, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted elsewhere on this page.
Provided by SIL's Writing Systems Technology team (formerly known as NRSI). Contact us here.