You are here: Encoding > Unicode > Training
Short URL: https://scripts.sil.org/UTTCompileMap
Compile and Run Your Mapping
Goals for this step
To learn how to compile and run your TECkit mapping.
This step is part of the procedure How to Write a Conversion Mapping for your Legacy Font.
Compile your TECKit mapping file
With your TECkit .map file open in the TECkit Mapping Editor, click
and . Correct any errors and re-compile until no more errors are displayed.
Compiling a .map file creates a smaller .tec file, which is the program you will use for the actual conversion.
Run your Conversion using DropTEC
- After successfully compiling, exit the TECkit Mapping Editor. Be sure to save your .map file. Use version numbers in the filename to keep progressive versions.
- In your work folder, you should have a copy of the .map file, the .tec file, and a copy of a legacy data file you wish to convert (not the original). This should be a .txt file (one with no font or formatting instructions in the file). Do not use a file with any of the following extensions: .rtf, .xml, .doc
- Double-click the DropTEC shortcut on your desktop.
- Drag your new .tec file to the Mapping File box.
- Drag your .txt file to the Legacy text file box.
- DropTEC will suggest a filename for your Unicode file. Choose a name and click
. The conversion takes place immediately and the new Unicode file should now be in your work folder.
- Exit DropTEC.
The next step is to Test Your Mapping.
2008-02-27 JW: reviewed
2005-10-21 JW: Page created
© 2003-2021 SIL International, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted elsewhere on this page.